URISA- Ontario also produces regular communication to members through an eNewsletter. Members have access to the newsletter knowledgebase where previous editions of our newsletters are available in .pdf format for downloading and printing. Electronic editions go back to 1997. Articles are focused on Ontario topics and are targeted to our geospatial member community.
URISA-Ontario works closely with other affiliate organizations to communicate and promote geospatial and related industry events in Ontario through its e-blast facility. Its programs are of an educational nature with excellent networking opportunities. The organization is focused on Users and their use of GIS applications. Presentations must be vendor-neutral.
Electronic Services include:
- Members receive eNews communication every two weeks as content permits including access to past editions of our hard copy newsletters in .pdf format through the Newsletter Archives;
- Online member access to update My Account Information;
- VISA or Mastercard Online Payment for member dues, program events, newsletter ADS and e-blasts;
- Job Board Postings and e-mail distributiuon;
- Web Posting of industry events, educational events and new product and service offerings;
- On-line registration to program events including a reminder of outstanding dues, if applicable; and
- Electronic invoicing of membership dues. With this option, if renewal is not received then access to the members area and to discounted program fees will cease. Please note: dues can now be paid online with VISA or Mastercard.
Our membership Dues year is January 1 - December 31.
New Member Follow-up
*Privacy and Access Policy is strictly adhered to for all member information. No membership lists are distributed or accessible through our website.
- New members are advised of the instructions and procedures for logging into the "members area". Please note your membership number as it is required for payment of dues and online payment using credit card.
Other Member Services Information
- Individual members can access and personally update their Profile by logging in as a member in the top right corner of the webpage
- To access this area, members must enter a user name, password and their membership status must be current , i.e., dues paid.
A second electronic invoice notification will be emailed the week of January 1 with a 3rd and Final e-Invoice sent on January 31. *Inactive members will be deactivated.
An electronic or telephone survey will be conducted to ascertain why membership dues payment has lapsed
On-line credit card payment is NOW available to handle all types of payment. You may pay online for program events, membership dues, newsletter advertising and e-blast promotions.